Monday, March 7, 2011

Saint Canda of Alpine

Those worms in my gut have finally gone. Maybe I digested them, who knows. What facilitated this glorious comfort was the rescheduling of the workshop I missed on Saturday. (Yes, that’s passive voice. I wanted to draw out the revelation of the source of my relief as long as possible.) I’ll make it up to the writing students of this class on Wednesday, March 23rd at 7:00 p.m. at the Provo Library.

I have to thank Canda Mortensen, the Curriculum Director for the Alpine School District here in Utah. She’s been spearheading this from the beginning, and she very kindly arranged for me to make up my shame. In return, I think I will nominate her for Sainthood. What are the qualifications for that again? Don’t you have to have two miracles confirmed to you? Well, this certainly counts for her first. She’ll undoubtedly pull off the second any day now, so I may as well get the paperwork going.

Now she’ll just have to decide who to patron. How about Saint Canda, patron saint of the frazzle minded from weird family stuff?

No comments:

Post a Comment